College and Career Center- Check out our scholarship page for more info!
The AHS College and Career Center is an extension of the AHS Counseling Department and serves all 9th-12th grade students of AHS by providing a variety of support and services related to college and career preparation. We provide all students with a safe and friendly atmosphere to work on computers, do research, and work on various applications.
Our Counseling and Guidance Technician and Cal SOAP Success Coaches are available daily to assist and guide students on a variety of tasks and applications.
Students can walk in for services before school, during break, lunch, and after school. Students may also walk in during class time with a signed teacher pass allowing students to go to the college and career center. Students may also be called out of class for workshops and other important events.
Why would students want to visit us? Many reasons! Below are just a few services we offer.
- Pick up work permit applications and processing
- Provide all day walk-in assistance for a variety of student tasks and applications such as
- College applications - Computers available for student use
- Scholarship applications and information
- Dual Enrollment registration (BC registration)
- Career Exploration with Naviance and other tools
- FAFSA and CADAA Application Assistance and troubleshooting
- Host a variety of workshops and information meetings by College and Career Reps
- Provide a safe and friendly space to work on computers, do research, homework, & work on applications
- Publish and maintain a scholarship list for all students
- Link students to summer and leadership programs and field trips as they become available
Where is it located?
We are located next to the cafeteria entrance (right side).
Come say hello and check out what we have to offer to help you get prepared and ready for college and careers! We look forward to seeing you!
See Below for Current Event Flyers and Announcements!