ARVIN HIGH SCHOOL CODE: 050160
ANNOUNCEMENTS and Important Dates
9th thru 12th Grade (All students) -
- CSF Application Window is from September 2nd to September 27th. - All students must apply every semester to qualify for graduating with Honors! Pick up applications in the counseling office. (This is for 10th, 11th, 12th grade students - 9th grade will apply in February for fall associate membership).
- September 9th - Kern County College Night, Rabobank Arena - Representatives from colleges will give information, free event. All students thinking about or planning to attend a four year university/college are encouraged to attend.
- September 27th - Last Day to submit CSF Applications.
- October 11th - End of First Quarter, Homecoming Night
- October 28th to November 1st: College Awareness Week
- November 1st - AHS On Campus College Fair
Class of 2022 (10th grade) -
Your counselors will be visiting your classes on Sept. 18th & 19th. Counselors will share with you important information regarding your four year plan and progress for your DIPLOMA and more!
Class of 2021 (11th Grade) -
- Sign up for text messages/phone notifications to communicate with your counselor and receive important information. Information will be shared during Counselor class visits.
- Your counselors will be visiting your classes starting Sept. 11TH to 12th. Graduation status information and more will be given.
- APEX After school credit recovery classes have started. See your counselor if interested.
10th and 11th grade students -
- PSAT is on October 16th - This test is for all students that plan to attend a four year university/college - Practice for your SAT and get valuable information. Deadline to sign up is soon. See the bulletin.
- Behind in credits? Meet with your counselor to discuss and create a plan to get you back on track to graduate with your class.
Class of 2020 Seniors: Upcoming important dates
- August 1st – UC Applications Opens
- September 2nd - CSF Application Window Opens
- September 23th- 24st: After School Common Application Workshops - Application assistance for seniors applying to private universities and colleges.
- September 25th- CSS Profile Workshop
- September 26th - ASVAB 11th/12th grade students - Career Interest test that guides potential careers and training
- September 28th- Personal Statement Workshop - For all seniors that need assistance for UC, Scholarships, etc
- October 2nd- 3rd – CSU & EOP Application Workshops assistance to apply to CSU (during elective classes)
- October 8th and 9th: FSA ID and FAFSA Prep Classroom Visits - Counselors visit seniors to prep for FAFSA!
- October 15th to October 16th: FAFSA Application workshops - All seniors will start and/or submit FAFSA/Dream Act application in English classes
- October 17th: AHS Cash for College Night: FAFSA/Dream Application Assistance for those students that still need help 3pm to 6:00 pm
- October 24th: Parent Financial Aid/FAFSA Info Night- 6 pm location TBA
- November 6th-7th: UC Application Workshops in elective classes– in class workshop for eligible UC A-G seniors applying to UCs.
- November 19th-20th: BC Application Workshops.
- November 30th- Deadline for all CSU/UC application Submissions