ARVIN HIGH SCHOOL CODE: 050160
ANNOUNCEMENTS and Important Dates
9th thru 12th Grade (All students) -
Class of 2020 (10th grade) - Your counselors will be visiting your classes starting Sept. 12 to the 14th. Counselors will share with you important information regarding your four year plan and progress for your DIPLOMA and more!
- CSF Application Window is now open - All students must apply every semester to qualify for graduating with Honors! Pick up applications in the counseling office.
- September 11th - Kern County College Night, Rabobank Arena - Representatives from colleges will give information, free event. All students thinking about or planning to attend a four year university/college are encouraged to attend.
- September 29th - Last Day to submit CSF Applications.
- October 13th - End of First Quarter, Homecoming Night
- October 30th to November 2nd: College Awareness Week
- November 2nd - AHS On Campus College Fair
Class of 2019 (11th Grade) -
- Sign up for text messages/phone notifications to communicate with your counselor and receive important information. Information will be shared during Counselor class visits.
- Your counselors will be visiting your classes starting Sept. 26 to 27th. Graduation status information and more will be given.
- APEX After school credit recovery classes have started. See your counselor if interested.
10th and 11th grade students -
- PSAT is on October 11th - This test is for all students that plan to attend a four year university/college - Practice for your SAT and get valuable information. Deadline to sign up is soon. See the bulletin.
- Behind in credits? Meet with your counselor to discuss and create a plan to get you back on track to graduate with your class.
Class of 2018 Seniors: Upcoming important dates
- August 1st – UC Applications Opens
- September 1st - CSF Application Window Opens
- September 19th- 21st: After School Common Application Workshops - Application assistance for seniors applying to private universities and colleges.
- September 21st - ASVAB 11th/12th grade students - Career Interest test that guides potential careers and training
- September 28th- Personal Statement Workshop - For all seniors that need assistance for UC, Scholarships, etc
- October 1st – CSU/UC Application submission begins, FAFSA Window Opens - Senior may start applications!
- October 2nd to 5th: Afterschool CSU Application and EOP Workshops - Assistance to apply for CSUs
- October 16 to 20th: FSA ID and FAFSA Prep Classroom Visits - Counselors visit seniors to prep for FAFSA!
- October 23 to October 27th: FAFSA Application workshops - ERWC classes - All seniors will start and/or submit FAFSA/Dream Act application in English classes
- November 1st - AHS Cash for College Night: FAFSA/Dream Application Assistance for those students that still need help
- November 30th – All UC and CSU applications are due- Do not procrastinate, submit before this date!